What are the zones for turkey hunting in Wisconsin?
SPRING TURKEY BONUS HARVEST AUTHORIZATION AVAILABILITY
- Zone 1 – Monday, March 15.
- Zone 2 – Tuesday, March 16.
- Zone 3 – Wednesday, March 17.
- Zone 4 – Thursday, March 18.
- Zone 5 – Friday, March 19.
- Zone 6 – no permits.
- Zone 7 – Friday, March 19.
- All remaining bonus authorizations go on sale on Saturday, March 20, 2021 at 10 a.m.
Is turkey hunting still open in Wisconsin?
– The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (DNR) is reminding Wisconsinites to get ready for the upcoming 2021 spring turkey hunt happening April 21 – June 1. The 2021 spring turkey hunt includes six, seven-day periods running Wednesday through the following Tuesday.
Where can I find turkey hunting?
- Proximity to water. The old hunter’s adage suggesting, “Turkeys love to roost where they can hear their droppings hit water,” rings true here.
- Heavy, mature timber. …
- Open areas. …
- Evergreens. …
- Shelter sites. …
- Look for sign. …
- Use your ears. …
- Use your eyes.
Can you hunt turkey with a rifle in Wisconsin?
It is illegal to use any rifle to kill a turkey in Wisconsin. A shotgun, by definition, is a smoothbore-barreled firearm designed to shoot pellets. It is illegal to hunt with a shotgun having a barrel length less than 18 inches or an overall length of less than 26 inches.
Can you bait turkeys in Wisconsin?
It is illegal to use bait to hunt small game mammals, migratory birds, game birds, wild turkey and furbearing animals. However, hunting over agricultural crops and wildlife food plots planted and left standing is legal.
Can you still buy a turkey tag in Wisconsin?
For the 2019 turkey season, hunters must purchase their Wisconsin Spring Turkey License and 2019 Turkey Stamp though Go Wild and their Fort McCoy turkey permit through iSportsman. For more information, visit the Fort McCoy website.
Do you need a turkey stamp in Wisconsin?
Today, all turkey hunters are required to purchase the $5.25 wild turkey stamp to legally hunt turkeys in Wisconsin. Besides hunters, many stamp collectors also purchase the stamp. Sales bring in around $750,000 annually for wild turkey stamp projects.
How much is a Wisconsin turkey license?
|Spring Turkey License||15.00|
|Spring Turkey License (under 12 years old)||7.00|
|Turkey Stamp (under 12 years old)||4.50|
Do turkeys roost in the same tree every night?
No they don’t always roost in the same tree/trees. Especially easterns they tend to move around.
What time should you be in the woods for turkey hunting?
Time of Day: Since Turkeys make their nest in trees and on the ground in wooded areas, one of the best times of day to hunt is first thing in the morning. Get out to your blind early and listen for the yelps, cackles, and gobbles of turkeys as they start in search for breakfast.