Full choke has tight constriction. The shot holds together even longer, making this choke good for squirrels, turkey, and other game shot at 40-yard and longer ranges. Turkey hunters sometimes use Extra Full or Turkey choke for even denser patterns at long range.
What size is a turkey choke?
It may seem a small amount, but it is actually quite a bit of constriction when you consider all that shot has to squeeze through that narrow tunnel. So, a full choke is . 030 of an inch tighter than cylinder and most turkey chokes are another 30 thousandths of an inch tighter than full chokes.
What choke tube is best for turkey hunting?
4 Best Choke Tubes for Turkey (as of July, 2021):
- Carlson’s Choke Tubes 70120 Choke Tube for Turkey Review. Distance more than 50 yards. …
- Primos Hunting 69405 Choke Tube for Turkey Review. Distance of 40 yards. …
- TRUGLO TG185X Choke Tube for Turkey Review. Multi-Phase Groove Technology. …
- Kicks Industries GOBBLIN’ Thunder Review.
Do I need a choke for turkey hunting?
if asking if you need a turkey choke, no you don’t need a special choke to hunt turkey, just go to a larger shot in your shells. if asking about shoooting a shotgun without the choke installed, no, because it will ruin the threads where the choke screws into the barrel.
Is modified choke OK for Turkey?
Re: Turkey with a Modified Choke? You’ll be perfectly fine, just pattern your gun to know how far you should reasonably shoot. Just about any choke with a decent load will kill a turkey at 30 yards.
What constriction is Turkey choke?
* Many popular turkey guns come with chokes with a . 665 constriction, which shoots No. 5 or 6 lead shot extremely tight.